Five of 65 verified signatories to the International Fact-Checking Network’s statement of principles will come due for re-verification in June 2019.
- FactCheck.org (US) June 7, 2018
- Libération – CheckNews (France) June 11, 2018
- Maldito Bulo (Spain) June 7, 2018
- Pesa Check (Kenya) June 12, 2018
- Science Feedback (France) June 7, 2018
IFCN Director Baybars Örsek has said that fact-checking organizations retain verified status while undergoing their annual reviews.
Four fact-checking organizations passed the date of their annual reverification in May 2019. The IFCN has not yet confirmed reverification for any of the four.
- Pagella Politica (Italy) May 25, 2018
- Snopes (US) May 4, 2018
- The Conversation Australia (Australia) May 24, 2018
- Viralgranskaren (Sweden)
Another eight fact-checking organizations went past their annual reverification dates in March 2019 or earlier. A total of 17 fact-checking organizations are listed as “expired verified signatories.”